Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Plans ....

My families Christmas plans this year are pretty busy. Tomorrow evening (which is Christmas Eve), we are going to my Grandma's @ 4pm. The family that is going to be there is Katina, Chip, Jessie, Kaila, Hailey, Mom, Amador, Aunt Joy, Uncle, Grandma, Mariah, and Chris. We have been going to my grandma's since I was little. She has made this a tradition for our family. For the past few years my Aunt Joy has taken over with the cooking and organizing the time. She is a really trooper. She wants it to be nice for everyone. This year though she is trying not to waste food. Instead of having Turkey, ham, deviled eggs, green beans, and potatoes, she is making lasagna for the adults and the children are going to have pizza. I think that the kids will love that!! :) I think that her great niece's and great nephew will give her an A+!! :) I think the only people that will have an issue with it is my uncle and Ronnie. Ronnie is allergic to cheese. He will probably go to Arby's or something. Then after everyone eats at my grandma's we open up presents. Aunt Joy usually takes the children to see the Christmas lights. This year she has talked everyone into going to Christmas Eve mass. I am not Catholic, but I am going to make her happy. Then we will go home and get everything ready for Santa to come to our house. This is when the kids get really excited.

Christmas day we wake up usually early. Chase is always the first one to get up. We usually have to drag Kami out of the bed. LOL! She loves her sleep!! (What can I say she is like her mother LOL!!) They open up their presents and I make them pancakes for breakfast. Then everyone gets ready and we head to Ronnie's parents house in Chesterfield around 11am. We open up presents there. Ronnie's mom has each child come at a certain time because Ronnie is one of 7 children. It gets really crazy there at times. There are 7 children, 4 wives, and 10 grandchildren. We usually stay there until about 3pm and then head to my mom's in Charles City where we eat Christmas dinner around 5pm and then open up more presents. Katina and her family come too. We have fun. We sit around and drink coffee and talk. I think this year we are going to be playing darts. It should be fun. :) We usually end up spending the night and heading home in the morning. I am not sure if we are going to spend the night this year because Ronnie has to work the day after Christmas.

OMG!!! I just received a call from my mom. Her barn caught on fire this morning. She is missing one side of her barn. They have a wood stove in the barn/dart room and that is what caused it. She said that Amador is fixing it now so the guys can play darts on Christmas. :)

Well, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Drive safe to where ever you have to go!! :)

No comments:

Mother's Day 2009

Mother's Day 2009