Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blast from the Past ...

I recently joined Facebook and I am still learning how it actually truly works. I don't have a computer at home, so it is hard for me to check it. Well, a couple of weeks ago I was at my friend Michelle's house and I got on her computer. I checked my Facebook mail and I had a message from my best friend in middle school Carissa. We exchanged phone numbers and we talked for a little while. Talking to her brought back some really good memories. Her and I were attached at the hip. We use to dance all the time together. We use to make up dance routines. LOL! She was an awesome friend. I loved her mother to death too! Her mom was the sweetest person. I can still hear her mom's laugh. Carissa and I are both from West Virginia. I went with her a few times to West Virginia and she came with me. It was nice having a friend like that. Then in my Freshman year of high school, we moved to Goochland and we just lost touch. It was really weird talking to her because she didn't sound the same as I remember. LOL! We promised one another to at least talk once a month.

Another past moment. This morning I saw my step-dad Claybo turning onto the road I was turning off of. He looks the same. I really do miss that man! He was good to me. I miss that man's smile and laugh. Some good memories.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good stuff girl! I found my best friend from middle school last year right after Kevin's surgery and we quickly lost touch again because she moved. I'd give anything to find her again. I'm happy for you! Stay in touch this time!!

Mother's Day 2009

Mother's Day 2009