Monday, March 9, 2009

AWESOME WEEKEND

We had a really busy weekend. Friday after the children got off the bus, we went to Montpelier to meet my sister to drop off Taylor and for me to get Kaila. The girls had so much fun! Friday was all about driving really because it takes me an hour to get to Montpelier from my house. Then Saturday, my Dad called and said that he was going to be in Virginia around 8pm or so. So, for my sister's and I to see my Dad, we were all playing phone tag and trying to get a game plan down. We decided to go to my sister Theresa's camp ground. It was an awesome weekend for it. Ronnie and I left our house around 3:30 pm to meet my sister Katina in Montpelier to get her kids and truck. Katina and Chip had plans with Daryl, Abbie, Betsy, and Jon to ride their bikes to dinner for Betsy's birthday. So, I had to drive Katina's truck so she would have a vehicle the next day to get the kids home. On the way to the camp ground we stopped by my mom's house because she was going to babysit Hershey for the night. Well she ended up keeping Hailey too. Hailey was feeling a little under the weather.

So we left there and headed to the campground. I was so excited and anxious to get there to see my sister Theresa and then eventually see my Dad. I don't get to see either of them as much as I would like to. We arrived at the campground and was greeted by big hugs from Theresa and Kaylee. I can't believe how much Kaylee and Drew have grown. Katina and Chip arrived about 3 minutes before my Dad and his friend John arrived at the campground. Katina pretty much just got off the bike and got in Theresa's truck so we could meet Dad in front of the campground. Theresa and I were watching Dad park his truck and we both said, I feel like a little kid. You know how you get those butterflies in your stomach because you are happy to see someone. That is how it is when I see my Dad. I don't get to see him that often. We usually only see him once a year in the summer, so this weekend was nice. We all had a good time Saturday night staying up talking and laughing. We did a lot of laughing! :) The kids were happy to see their Pap Paw. Dad enjoyed seeing everyone. I loved spending time with my sister Theresa too. When her and I are together all we do is laugh. Dad calls us his giggle boxes. I don't get to see Theresa that much either. We usually see each other maybe 2 times a year. I told her that we are going to have to start seeing each other more! I am very proud of her, she is going back to school to get her Teacher's Degree! She is an awesome sister!! :) Love you sis!! :)

Sunday, we went to mom's for a cookout for her birthday. We had a nice time there as well. With the time change, I was so off whack. I was so tired. We finally got home around 8pm. I still had to cook dinner and do my other mommy things. Thank goodness my mom made Kami get a bath before we left her house. Taylor and Chase took showers while I was making dinner. Ronnie was doing his Daddy things. I finally was able to go to sleep around 11pm.

Well, I hope everyone has an awesome week!! :)

No comments:

Mother's Day 2009

Mother's Day 2009