Monday, February 23, 2009

A Few Updates

These past few days have been crazy! Wednesday I had to leave work early because both my girls were in the clinic throwing up. Poor things! I am on a first name basis with the school nurse. She said when I walked in, you know you really don't need to work. LOL! But anyway, I took the girls home and they both got their PJ's on and laid down. Taylor was feeling a little better by the time Chase got home from after school program. The only thing she was still complaining about was her throat. Kami was still sleeping, so I let her sleep. I started cooking dinner and when Ronnie got home he went to Kami's bedroom to check on her. When he said her name, she sat up and starting throwing up everywhere. We got her down and put her in the bath. She had it all in her hair. We took the bedspread and sheets off the bed and washed them. After her bath she was fine for about an hour or so and then it started all over again. It was coming out of both ends. So, I called the on-call doctor and she told me for an hour every 15 minutes give Kami a teaspoon of Karo Corn Syrup, this should help stop her vomiting. We did and guess what, She stopped! :) Kami didn't go to sleep until around 1am. Taylor, Kami and I passed out in the living room.

Thursday, I had to stay home from work to take care of the girls. I took them to the doctor to find out what was going on with them. Taylor was fine, she just had a bug. Kami on the other hand, they did blood work & tested her for strep. The strep test came back negative. The results on her blood work we haven't heard anything. They sent me home with 3 containers for stool samples and a prescription for an antibiotic. The stool samples were delivered to the doctor on Saturday. They said that it should take 3 to 5 days to get the results. So, we are pretty much playing the waiting game. :( I don't like waiting for the results. I wish I knew now!

Sunday, we went to my mother-in-laws for my niece Kaela's birthday party. I can't believe that she is 11 years old. We had a good time there. Kami played Mario Cart the whole time. Taylor and Kaela have them tennis shoes called Heeley's, so they did that the majority of the time. Chase was playing with Lydia's son Tristan the whole time. After we left there our family went and ate dinner with Lydia, Todd, Kaela, and Tristan at KFC. We had fun!! :)

My sister called my yesterday and she has found a 96 Tahoe for sale for $500.00. Ronnie is going to go and look at it to see if it is worth buying or not. I hope so. I would love to have another big vehcile.

When I find out the results from Kami's tests I will let everyone know.

No comments:

Mother's Day 2009

Mother's Day 2009