Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kami is sick AGAIN!!

Yesterday when I was at work, I received a call from the school nurse saying that Kami was in the clinic complaining of a headache, sore throat and her stomach hurt. The nurse took her temperature and she had a fever of 102.7*. So off to the doctor we went AGAIN! We got to the doctor's office at 1:45 and didn't leave until well after 4pm. That place was busy!! Her doctor said that she tested negative for the flu, but her blood work did show that she had a virus, but they can't check for every single virus. She told me to continue with the antibiotic that she is currently on and give her Motrin and Tylenol for the fever. Well, this morning around 4am, Kami came into my bedroom complaining that her head hurt really bad. I went to take her temperature and her temperature was 104.7*!!! I woke Ronnie up to make sure that that was what I was seeing. I gave her some Motrin while Ronnie started a luke warm bath for her. I called the doctor's office and had to wait for the on call doctor to call me. When she finally did, she told me that there is a Fever Virus going around and that the fever's can be from 100* to 105*. She said just for me alternate from Motrin to Tylenol (which that was what we are doing). She said that there really isn't nothing that can do for her!! I am getting so tired of her being sick all the time. It isn't any of my other children, just KAMI! Poor thing! If she spikes a fever that high tonight, I can tell you one thing, I WILL be taking her to Emergency Room! I just don't understand why she is getting sick all the time. Something really has to give for her! Oh, my niece Kaila has the same virus. Her fever hasn't spiked as high as Kami's though. Please pray for Kami and Kaila to get better and stay better for a long time!

Tomorrow is Taylor's first horse show (if the weather holds up). She is so nervous. Right now she is at a 4-H Horse Clinic with Jessie and my sister. Taylor is spending the night with Katina tonight and I am going to meet them at the horse show in Mechanicsville tomorrow. My mom is going to come to. She is really nervous for Taylor too. Grandma will be strong though. That is just the type of person my mom is. She is going to be Taylor's rock tomorrow. On the other hand, I will probably be the one freaking out. We will all get through this! LOL!

I will update everyone on Kami and the results of Taylor's horse show on Monday. (Hopefully I will have some picture's to post)

No comments:

Mother's Day 2009

Mother's Day 2009